'Ohana is proud to provide these supplemental benefits at no cost.
Over The Counter (OTC) – Get certain OTC items sent to you each month. Items are mailed at no cost.
- Limited to $10 per month, per household
- Amount does not rollover and must be used during the current month
- Delivery of products can take up to 10-14 business days
GED Benefit (GED Exam or HiSet Exam) - Available to any active 'Ohana member. Member must be:
- At least 18 years old
- Does not have a high school diploma
- Not currently enrolled or attending high school
Asthma Room to Breathe
- Hypoallergenic Bedding
- Items include matress and pillow casings
- Limited to $100.00 annually per member
- Bedding must be ordered through an 'Ohana Care Coordinator
- Carpet Cleaning - Provides carpet-cleaning service for qualified asthmatic members (Two (2) carpet cleanings per plan year)
- HEPA Filter Vacuum Cleaner - Provides qualified asthmatic members with a vacuum cleaner with HEPA filter (HEPA stands for high efficiency), which traps pollutants and may help bring allergy relief particulate in the air
- Allergy Mask - Provides allergy mask to protect against air pollution
- Nutritional Education Counseling
Diabetes Prevention Program
'Ohana offers a Diabetes Prevention Program to health plan enrollees who meet specific requirements.Am I eligible?
You may qualify if you meet the below criteria:
- Are 18 or older
- Have a body mass index of at least 25 (or at least 23 if you identify as Asian)
- Have had at least one of the three following results within the first 12 months of the program:
- A hemoglobin A1c test between 5.7 and 6.4 percent
- Fasting plasma glucose between 100 and 125 mg/dL
- Two-hour plasma glucose between 140 and 199 mg/dL
- Haven't been diagnosed with type 1 or type 2 diabetes (other than gestational diabetes)
- Don't have end-stage renal disease
- Haven't enrolled in the program before
'Ohana provides access to Providers specializing in traditional healing. Members can receive service to a maximum of $250 per calendar year.
Pain Management Program
This program helps qualifying members manage chronic pain (prior authorization is required, limitations apply):
- Acupuncture - Stimulates certain points on the body, most often with a needle penetrating the skin, to alleviate pain or to help treat various health conditions
- Biofeedback - For chronic pain management in which an underlying disease has been ruled out or treated
- Massage Therapy - Manual manipulation of soft body tissues (muscle, connective tissue, tendons and ligaments) to help manage pain
- Chiropractic - Manipulation of the spine by a licensed chiropractor to treat, pain
'Ohana offers a 6-month membership to qualifying members. The program supports healthy lifestyles and improves health outcomes.
'Ohana provides packages to caregivers containing:
- Phone numbers
- Keepsake bag
- Caregiver educational materials
- Caregiver journal
- Information regarding support groups
Social Call Program
'Ohana links local volunteers with qualifying members. These volunteers engage in ongoing calls with members who would like more social contact.
Ambulatory Blood Pressure Monitoring
'Ohana provides a blood pressure cuff to qualifying members with hypertension to self-monitor.
Want to learn more? Call us toll-free: 1-888-846-4262 (TTY 711) Monday-Friday 7:45 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Hawai`i Standard Time
We wish you good health. We look forward to serving you.